HEAD OF TECHNICAL PRODUCTION
DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
HEART Productions is one of the UK’s leading live event agencies producing a wide range of shows and experiences. From multi-million pound Olympic Showcases and Torch Relays for Coca-Cola, to World and European immersive film premieres for movies such as Stephen Spielberg’s BFG in Leicester Square, HEART prides itself on being a boutique agency in size, but global in its reach. The agency delivers projects of the highest standards as expected by its clients and is currently looking to fill the position of Technical Production Manager within our Technical Production Team, to continue in this mission.
Visa, Barclaycard, Barclays, Formula E, Paramount, eOne, STUDIOCANAL, Twitch, Diageo and many more.
Purpose of Role
The Technical Production Manager role is responsible for managing and coordinating projects within the technical production department, and for ensuring exceptional technical services/delivery for projects assigned.
The role is responsible for the efficient, premium, and safe planning/pre production for any installations, exhibitions, live events and brand activations assigned by the Head of Production. The position requires a technical professional with proven experience in all areas of technical and production management, who is enthusiastic, passionate, helpful and supportive in every aspect of their work. It is also beneficial to understand and demonstrate how new digital technologies are being introduced into live event and brand experiences, and provide previous examples of integrated digital events delivered.
Working under the Head of Technical Production, the Technical Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the technical arrangements for projects are of the highest possible production standards, and that they meet with relevant Health & Safety regulations. This individual will carry financial and budgetary control of their related projects and will be responsible for ensuring the efficient use of resources within their team.
· To manage and co-ordinate the production projects as assigned by the Head of Technical Production
· To oversee the technical delivery of assigned projects
· To effectively shape and manage all technical elements of a production from conception to delivery
· The effective planning and provision for all necessary internal and supplier staffing for assigned projects
· To ensure assigned projects are delivered to relevant H&S standards
· To manage assigned production budgets
· Production management experience in the UK and internationally
· To manage the technical delivery of competitive pitches or new business leads as assigned
· To review and investigate new technologies which could be exploited within the Live Event or Brand Experiences
· To assist the Head of Department in the training of junior production team members
· To work unsociable hours or weekends as projects may require due to the nature of the Live Events industry
The candidate will have a proven track record in:
· Highly passionate about the delivery of events and shows to the highest standards
· International experience in a wide range of event productions and temporary installations
· Management experience of working across a wide range of business and public sector industries
· Management experience of large scale public events in high profile locations e.g. Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square
· Proven supplier network with long term relationships in place
· Excellent budgeting skills
· Broad understanding in the delivery of all elements of technical production
· Strong knowledge of construction methods and associated materials
· Proficient in AutoCAD and review of draft construction documents
· Experience in Music and Sport sponsorship activations would be welcomed
· Strong understanding of OB facilities and televisual programing at events would be beneficial
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter email@example.com