LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC PRESS EVENTS
HEART worked closely with PR Agency freuds as a key live event production partner of LOCOG for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Our initial event was the press launch of the ticketing of The Games in 2010. This was hosted at a secondary school in Plaistow to National Press and Media Agencies by Seb Coe and Boris Johnson. It included stage management, speaker support, production of the staging, press backdrop and event branding, delivery of audio visual and presentation support, supply of lighting and electrical services as well as technical support for attending media.
Following on from this, HEART went on to produce a number of key launch events, culminating in the event production of the Paralympic Flame Lighting Ceremony, which was the launch event of the Paralympic Torch Relay: hosted by David Cameron, Seb Coe and Boris Johnson on the steps of Trafalgar Square.
Working closely with LOCOG, freuds, Westminster Council and GLA teams, this featured live on all major television networks and included filming and broadcast distribution of an orchestrated reveal of the Agitos Logo installed on Tower Bridge.
A summary of the press events produced by HEART Productions were:
- The Olympic Ticketing Press Announcement, Cumberland Secondary School, Plaistow, October 2010
- The Olympic Torch Press Announcement, St Pancras Station, June 2011
- The Olympic Games Maker Press Announcement, Earl’s Court, July 2011
- The Paralympic Logo Press Announcement, Olympic Park, September 2011
- The Olympic Torch Bearer Press Announcement, Tower Bridge, December 2011
- The Paralympic Torch Flame Lighting Ceremony, Trafalgar Square, August 2012