Head of Technical Production
£18,000 - £24,000 Depending on Experience
HEART Productions is one of the UK’s leading live event agencies producing a wide range of shows and experiences. From multi-million pound Olympic Showcases and Torch Relays for Coca-Cola, to World and European immersive film premieres for movies such as Stephen Spielberg’s BFG in Leicester Square, HEART prides itself on being a boutique agency in size, but global in its reach. The agency delivers projects of the highest standards as expected by its clients and is currently looking to fill the position of Junior Production Manager within our Technical Production Team, to continue in this mission.
Visa, Barclaycard, Barclays, Formula E, eOne, Disney, Chelsea FC, FIA Formula E and many more.
Purpose of Role
The Junior Production Manager role is responsible for managing and coordinating our small to medium projects within the technical production department, supporting the technical production managers on larger projects and for ensuring exceptional technical services/delivery for projects assigned.
The role is responsible for the efficient, premium, and safe planning/pre production for any installations, exhibitions, live events and brand activations assigned by the Head of Technical Production. The position requires a technical professional with proven experience in all areas of technical and production management, though this role is aimed at a candidate at the start of their career who wants training and experience, but who is enthusiastic, passionate, helpful and supportive in every aspect of their work. It is also beneficial to understand and demonstrate how new digital technologies are being introduced into live event and brand experiences, and provide previous examples of integrated digital events delivered.
Working under and supported by the Head of Technical Production, the Junior Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the technical arrangements for projects are of the highest possible production standards, and that they meet with relevant Health & Safety regulations. This individual will carry financial and budgetary control of their related projects and will be responsible for ensuring the efficient use of resources within their team, this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone recently finishing their degree in the entertainments industry or with a few years’ experience.
- To manage and co-ordinate the production projects as assigned by the Head of Technical Production
- To oversee the technical delivery of assigned projects
- To effectively shape and manage all technical elements of a production from conception to delivery
- The effective planning and provision for all necessary internal and supplier staffing for assigned projects
- To ensure assigned projects are delivered to relevant H&S standards
- To manage assigned production budgets
- Production management experience in the UK
- To manage the technical delivery of competitive pitches or new business leads as assigned
- To review and investigate new technologies which could be exploited within the Live Event or Brand Experiences
- To work unsociable hours or weekends as projects may require due to the nature of the Live Events industry
The candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Highly passionate about the delivery of events and shows to the highest standards
- Experienced in event productions and temporary installations
- Keen to develop, learn and become a strong, trusted member of the technical production team
- Proven supplier network with long term relationships in place
- Excellent budgeting skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Broad understanding in the delivery of all elements of technical production
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and associated materials
- Proficient in AutoCAD and review of draft construction documents
- Strong understanding of OB facilities and televisual programing at events would be beneficial
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org