HEART were approached by Converse to conceive, design and implement a premium onsite activation at the 3 day Heineken Jammin Festival in Italy, and with a lead time of only 3 weeks before the activation start date.
Converse wanted the opportunity to showcase the classic Chuck Taylor product, but in a style and environment that really brought the timeless edge of the shoe brand to life, while playing on the core promotional values of the 'My Converse Century' campaign; timelessness, fashion and individualism.
Retail Store – Converse teamed up with Footlocker to provide a retail store selling the Chuck Taylor brand.
Brand Experience – Shoes purchased at the retail store could be fully customized at the 'Pimp your shoes' workshop area, where 3 of Italy's leading graffiti artists created unique hand painted artworks on the shoes.
There was a second tier to the brand experience which included a showcase of celebrities 'signature' shoes in a museum styled display environment, including some the headlining artists at the festival, Sting and Iggy Pop.
Festival Experience – The experience included a gallery viewing area of the main stage with telescopes and binoculars, a chill out area and giveaways from brand ambassadors, such as personalised branded photo's of the festival experience.
- Conceptual research and design for the festival activation.
- Sketch illustration, 3D visualisation and flythroughs of the brand experience.
- Technical design and planning of the brand experience including full schematic details, scheduling and purchasing of all fixtures, furnishings and fittings.
- Project management, timetabling and quality control of the scenic fabrication and electrical installation, including transportation and installation into the festival site over a 2 day period.
- Commissioning of full structural engineering reports.
- Design and installation of all branding and artwork assets.
- Sourcing and management of all event and promotional staff, brand activities and materials.
- Site management, including services (water, waste, power), event logistics and planning, which included project specific H&S documentation, risk assessments, evacuation plans and emergency procedures.
Click here to find out the design process of this event for Converse.