BARCLAYCARD FREE RUNNING CHAMPIONSHIPS
HEART productions were approached by Barclaycard for a second year to produce theWorld Freerunning Championships at London’s Trafalgar Square in 2009.
The event was hosted by Dave Berry and staged for a live audience of 10,000 people. The final round was broadcast globally, including a 1hr live slot on BBC Television.
The event design was conceived as a progression of the award winning Thames Festival design and included a bespoke opaque orbit structure for weather protection and a thrust element to the course construction for heightened television spectacle and audience engagement. There were live performances scheduled throughout the day.
Onstage live performance included the World Beat Box Champion, the World Breakdance and B-Boy Champion and Diversity: the winners of Britain’s Got Talent.
Areas of consultation included:
- GLA and Westminster Council Liaison.
- Public, Highways, HSE, Crowd Management and Planning.
- Design & construction of a bespoke extended orbit stage with integral freerun obstacle course,
- Audio visual, lighting and sound installation.
- Stage management of all onstage activity.
- Event and Sponsor Branding Development and Implementation.
- Four day onsite schedule with a crew in excess of 300 people.
- 12 camera sports production facility for live television broadcast.